Meet Jessica Baer
Hola, Bonjour, Kia Ora, G’Day Mate.. shall I go on?
I’m Jess and I have a passion for all things travel, I have been to 21 countries and counting! I love exploring and seeing the world country by country. I am always looking for my next adventure whether that be locally or internationally. I have caught the travel bug and I just can’t sit still.
When I’m not planning/dreaming of my next adventure, I am usually found helping others plan their dream getaway whether that be a destination wedding, vacay and/or honeymoon. I love the entire planning process, but ultimately, I can’t wait to see and hear all about your adventures and memories made abroad. I have been in the Travel Industry for 8 years now and have a vast range of experience. I would love the opportunity get to know you, exchange travel stories, and plan your dream wedding and/or holiday.
What is your favourite destination (s) that you’ve travelled to?
It’s so hard to pick just one – I’d say my top fav’s are:
- Costa Rica
- New Zealand
- The Cook Islands
What destination is tops on your bucket list?
Maldives for the over-water bungalows, South Africa for a safari or Peru to hike the Inca Trail for sure! Sri Lanka is also on my bucket list but fingers crossed I will be venturing here in 2021.
How many years have you been in travel? Any related experience you’d like to note?
- I have been in the lovely world of travel for approx. 8 years now
- Diploma in Hospitality and Tourism Management from Humber College and experience in various roles in the industry
- I lived overseas for 2 years where I was fortunate to work in the travel industry and travel Asia and the South Pacific quite substantially while abroad
Best travel tip?
Just go! Honestly, you won’t regret it! Immerse yourself in the culture, step off the beaten path, take lots of pictures, mingle with the locals, make friends from different countries, make sooo many memories and enjoy every minute of it!!
WHERE TO NEXT!?
As I am always dreaming and planning “Where to Next”, I thought it would be fun to keep you updated!
- November 2020 – Mexico, Royalton Riviera Cancun **fingers crossed**
- Sri Lanka (2021??)
I lived overseas for 2 years!
One day the desire to travel and see the world got the best of me! I was not loving my “routine” life and knew I needed a change. I knew there were so many countries to be seen, people to be met, and memories to be made, I just didn’t know where to begin. Long story short, I gave up everything familiar to me, packed my life into one suitcase and departed on what turned out to be an adventure of a lifetime.
I booked a one-way ticket to New Zealand with absolutely no plans in mind. Was I scared? Was I excited? Was I wondering what the heck I was doing? Yes, yes, and yes.
After thinking about “what’s next?” my little travel family and I decided to plant some roots in Auckland. I was lucky enough to land a great job doing what I love at Infinity Holidays (Flight Centre’s wholesaler). I worked here for almost 2 years. They were amazing and understood my desire to travel their country and side of the world, so time off was never an issue.
Living in the South Pacific provided me the opportunity to travel to many countries that otherwise would not have been as easy or affordable to reach from Canada. I met the most incredible people and made memories to last a lifetime.
A few trip highlights/memories:
- Australia – where do I begin?! Koala’s, Kangaroo’s, Road trips, The 12 Apostles, Graffiti Alley Best.Time.Ever
- New Zealand is a beautiful country with something for everyone (romance, adventure, beaches, city escape)
- Experienced a cyclone in Fiji
- 1 Sky-Dive and 3 Bungee Jumps checked off my bucket list
- Rafted the worlds highest commercially rafted waterfall in Rotorua, New Zealand
- Reunited and travelled with my mom in Indonesia after over a year of being away
- Too many flights to count, but only 1 missed flight and a couple of close calls (in Aitutaki the plane actually waited for us!!)
- 1 lost and then found passport
- Elephant Hills Safari Lodge in Thailand = best luxury tent experience ever
- The Cook Islands – EVERYONE MUST GO!!
I could go on and on….
Proud American Bulldog Mama
I am a proud dog mama to our American Bulldog named Bruce. Brucey was a rescue and is the biggest cuddle bug you will ever meet. He now can’t sleep without a pillow, is addicted to KFC popcorn chicken and gravy, drinks from water bottles on walks and get his own dinner cooked for him a couple nights a week. Yes, we have a spoiled Bulldog.
I have caught the wanderlust bug..
1. a strong desire to travel and see the world.
**I live by this, have this tattooed on me & yes, I was obsessed with this word before the movie
I used to strongly dislike wine. I know it appalls me to even say “dislike” and “wine” in the same sentence now. Waiheke Island in New Zealand and New Zealand wine in general was a total game changer for this girl’s taste buds! When I have some free time you can often find me at a local vineyard.
Where in the world have I been?
- Costa Rica
- Dominican Republic
- Mexico (multiple times and destinations)
- Saint Lucia
- United States / Puerto Rico
- Thailand (spent in total a few months here – LOVE it)
- New Zealand
- Cook Islands